- How to read your digital electricity meter
How to read your digital electricity meter
- Read the numbers from left to right, ignoring the red number(s).
- Next time you read the meter, take the old total away from the new. This
will give you the number of units used. When the total number of units used
reaches 99,999 the meter starts again at 0.
- If you have an Economy 7 meter, your meter will have 2 rows of figures.
- The row marked 'LOW' is the rate for night or off peak units.
- The row marked 'NORMAL' shows how many units you have used at the
day or peak rate.
The reading on this example is 94694