How to read your dial electricity meter
To read a dial meter look at the position of the pointers on the dials and
follow these instructions:
- Read the dials from left to right, starting with the dial marked 10,000.
- Ignore the dial marked 1/10 as it is only used for testing.
- When the pointer is between two numbers, always write down the lower
number. This is not necessarily the nearest number to the pointer.
- If the pointer is exactly on a number, write it down and underline it.
- If any of the numbers that you have underlined are followed by a 9, you
will need to take one away from the number that you have underlined.
The reading on this example is 94694